This roasted beet salad with cherry tomato and goat cheese is refreshing and fun to eat. You can prepare the beets ahead and throw everything together in just a few minutes.
The main ingredients of this beet salad are:
- beet a.k.a beetroot: roasting will bring out its sweetness and give them a silky and tender texture.
- cherry tomato: also adds sweetness as well as juiciness to the salad. If you can find chocolate cherry tomato, I highly recommend using it. It has a superior sweet tomato flavor, delightful texture and beautiful color. In my opinion, it is the best tasting cherry tomato for salad.
- goat cheese: adds just a bit of tang and softness. I admit I sometimes omit goat cheese from the salad and still like it very much :).
- walnut: adds crunchiness, and its flavor profile pairs really well with beetroot.
My choice of dressing for this salad is a red wine vinaigrette. I have tried it with a white wine vinaigrette, but I find the one with red wine vinegar complements the salad much better.
How to Make Roasted Beet Salad
Roasting beetroot brings out its natural sweetness, and the process is very simple. You just need to trim off the top, wrap it in foil and then leave it in your oven until tender.
Here are some things to note when preparing this beetroot salad:
- It is much easier to peel roasted beets after they have cooled down. The skin will peel away with very little effort.
- I recommend roasting your beets the day before, let them cool, and then chill them in the refrigerator before you peel and slice them. This salad is so much better when the beets have been chilled.
- Roasted beets can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days with no issues. One of the reasons I like this salad is how convenient it is to prepare ahead.
Please find the list of ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below. I hope you will enjoy this roasted beet salad with goat cheese and cherry tomato.
Here are some other vegetable recipes you may like:
I’d love to hear what you think about the dish, so please feel free to leave a comment and a rating if you have tried it. New recipes are added every week so let’s connect on Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates. You can find my collection of Vietnamese recipes here.
Roasted Beet Salad with Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese
- 12 oz beets (about 2 medium beets)
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (I highly recommend chocolate cherry tomatoes)
- chopped roasted walnuts
- 3-4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- chopped herbs such as parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Trim off the top of your beets and wrap them in foil. Once the oven is ready, roast the beets for about from 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until they are tender. Cooking time will depend on the size of your beets.
- After roasting the beets, let them cool and chill them in the refrigerator until you want to put together the salad.
- When you are ready to prepare the salad, peel off the skin of the roasted beets and then chop into ½-¾ inch cubes.
- Whisk together all ingredients to make the dressing. Taste and adjust to your liking. Toss the beets and cherry tomatoes with the dressing. Arrange them on serving plates and sprinkle chopped walnuts and crumbled goat cheese on top. Also sprinkle some chopped green herbs for garnishing if desired.