- pork shoulder or pork butt - five spice powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper
1. Rub the pork with the spice mixture. Place in the slow cooker with some water. Cook for 6-8 hours or to desired tenderness.
2. Julienne carrot and cucumber (or daikon radish) for the pickled vegetables.
3. Combine rice vinegar, water, sugar and salt, and add the veggies. Cover, refrigerate to pickle for 2-3 hours or overnight.
4. Mix the sauce and shred the pork. Fill banh mi (or baguette) with pork, pickled veggies, cilantro, and sauce.