- rice - ground pork - garlic, ginger, scallion - salt, pepper
1. Mix ground pork with seasonings and marinate for 15 minutes. Then form into meatballs.
2. Sauté ginger and the white parts of scallion until fragrant.
3. Add the rice and stir-fry briefly. Then add the water and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the pork meatballs and poach for a couple of minutes or until they are just cooked through.
5. Take the meatballs out of the pot. Cook the rice until it is very soft and the consistency is to your liking.
6. Add the meatballs back to the congee to heat them through.