Caffè Mocha with Vietnamese Coffee
This homemade Caffè Mocha is a perfect drink to start your day. It has the aroma and intensity of Vietnamese coffee, combined with a chocolatey flavor. It is easy and quick to make at home and highly customizable.
Servings: 1 person
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese ground coffee
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup steamed milk
- cinnamon powder (optional, for dusting)
In the glass you are going to brew the coffee into, add sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
Add Vietnamese ground coffee to the phin filter chamber and place the filter press on top, press gently. Place the filter over the glass and then add 1 tablespoon of hot water wait for about 10-20 seconds to let the ground coffee swell and settle.
Add the remaining hot water and cover the chamber with the filter cap. Let the coffee liquid drip into the glass. This may take a few minutes. You can adjust the dripping speed by pressing the filter press. If the coffee drips too quickly, press the filter press a little more to slow it down. If you need more detailed instructions with step-by-step photos to brew Vietnamese coffee, visit the link in the recipe notes down below.
Once the filter chamber is empty, remove the filter from the glass. Stir to combine the coffee with the cocoa powder-condensed milk mixture.
Add steamed milk to the glass. You can use a milk frother to heat the milk and create froth, or gently heat it on the stovetop and whisk vigorously to create foam (do not let the milk boil).
Dust the mocha with some cinnamon powder (optional) and enjoy.
For more detailed instructions with step-by-step photos to brew Vietnamese coffee, check out my Vietnamese coffee recipe post.
It is easy to customize this caffè mocha to your liking.
- if you want a stronger coffee taste, add 1 extra teaspoon of Vietnamese ground coffee.
- you can also add more milk (up to 1/2 cup of steamed milk in total) if you want the drink to be less strong.
- add more or less sweetened condensed milk to make the drink more or less sweet.
- you can also top the mocha with whipped cream.
Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 210IU | Calcium: 177mg | Iron: 0.7mg