Easy Baked Shrimp Toast
This baked shrimp toast features rich and creamy shrimp mixture on top of crispy bread. If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next party, give this a try.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 oz shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions (about 2 stalks of scallions)
- black pepper
- baguette or ciabatta (see notes)
- basil, chiffonade
Preheat oven to 400F.
Chop shrimps or process in a food chopper into small pieces. Don't process into a paste. Mix shrimps with mayonnaise, melted butter, grated garlic, scallions and a generous amount of black pepper.
Slice ciabatta or baguette in half horizontally, or cut baguette into thin slices. Each slice/half should not be thicker than 1 inch.
Spread the shrimp mixture on the cut side of the bread. Place into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top is golden and bread is crispy.
Remove bread from the oven. Sprinkle fresh basil and serve immediately.
- The amount of shrimp mixture in the recipe is enough to spread on one half of a 6''x8'' ciabatta bread. It's enough for 10-15 slices of baguette, depending on how big each slice is.
- I think shrimps don't go well with cheese, but it is just my personal preference. If you have no problem with shrimp and cheese combination, you can use cheese instead of butter, or keep the butter and then sprinkle some cheese on top and broil until melted and golden. Please feel free to try it with parmesan, mozzarella or other kinds of cheese you like.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 134mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg