Lobster Fresh Spring Rolls with Sesame Dipping Sauce
These lobster fresh spring rolls are refreshing and delicious with succulent lobster meat and crunchy vegetables. The creamy and nutty sesame dipping sauce further enhances the flavors. It takes only 30 minutes to get these impressive rice paper rolls ready.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
For the Lobster Fresh Spring Rolls
- 4 lobster tails (4-5 oz each with shells)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 avocados
- 5 oz butter lettuce (or baby lettuce)
- rice paper wrappers
For the Sesame Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon miso
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Whisk together all ingredients to make the dipping sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside or refrigerate the sauce until ready to serve.
Add water to a pot and bring it to a boil. Lightly salt the water and then add lobster tails, reduce heat to a simmer. Lobster tails should be fully covered with water. Poach for a few minutes until lobster is just cooked through. Remove lobster tails from the pot, extract the meat and slice into strips.
Cut cucumber into matchstick and slice avocados thinly. Set up a work station with all ingredients to make the spring rolls and a plate/bowl with clean water.
Briefly dip the one rice paper wrapper into the plate with water to wet it just enough to soften it. Add a layer of lettuce, then avocados, cucumber, lobster strips and cilantro. Fold the top part of the wrapper near you over the filling and then roll it up away from you. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
Serve the lobster fresh spring rolls with sesame dipping sauce. You may cut the spring rolls into shorter pieces before serving.
- It is best to use soft lettuce such as butter lettuce or baby lettuce. The harder ones may tear the rice paper wrappers.
- If you use round rice paper wrappers, in step 4, after folding the top part of the wrapper over the filling, you may need to fold the left and right corners of wrapper over the filling as well.
- I can make 5 large spring rolls (about 8.5'' long) with the amount of ingredients in the recipe. I use square rice paper wrappers but the round ones are also good.