I like having bread and eggs for breakfast a few times a week. However, I am not a morning person and neither is my stomach. Without having some kind of smoothie to help with metabolism, my stomach isn’t very excited about those tasty sunny side-up eggs. Avocado is one of the smoothies I enjoy the most as well as spend the most time trying to improve.
Before living abroad, I was not aware that avocado could be used in many dishes. In Vietnam, we only use avocado for smoothie. That’s it, nothing else. The way we make avocado smoothie in Vietnam is really simple, just avocado, milk and a sweetener. It tastes good that way but its creaminess and richness would fill me up really fast. That’s why I’ve spent quite some time pairing it with different fruits to make the smoothie still enjoyable in large quantity.
This recipe is my most favorite way to make avocado smoothie to date. It has pear which helps with thinning out the texture without diluting the flavors the way water does. The clementine really brightens up the smoothie by adding a fragrant twist to it. The result is a creamy, nourishing and delightful avocado smoothie.
Fragrant avocado clementine smoothie
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 small pear
- Juice of a clementine
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seed (optional)
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise around the stone. Use a spoon to remove the stone and then scoop all the flesh out into the blender.
- Cut the pear into 4 pieces (or more depending on how strong your blender is), peel, remove the core and seeds and put in the blender.
- Add juice of the clementine, almond milk, water, maple syrup and chia seed to the blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Divide between two glasses and enjoy.