This colorful Bell Pepper Salad is super quick and easy to put together. It is excellent for daily meals as well as potlucks and parties.
I think this juicy and refreshing bell pepper salad makes a tasty accompaniment for meaty main dishes, especially grilled dishes (such as these pork skewers). The dish requires minimal effort and can be made ahead. It is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Here are the main components of this bell pepper salad recipe:
- Multi-colored bell pepper (also called capsicum): I like to use a mix of red, yellow, and green bell peppers. Feel free to customize it to your liking. The green pepper has some slight bitterness and grassiness while the red one is the sweetest.
- Other veggies and herbs: I also like to add red onion, carrot, and mint (or parsley) for more colors and textures.
The dressing is also easy to make with some lemon juice, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and dried oregano. It is fine to use entirely just lemon juice or just white wine vinegar.
How to Make Bell Pepper Salad
1️⃣ Cut the bell peppers into thin strips. Also slice the onion and carrots thinly. If you are not a fan of raw onion, you can soak onion slices in iced cold water for several minutes to remove the bitterness.
2️⃣ Whisk together the ingredients to make the dressing. I like to put them in a small jar, then tightly seal with a lid and shake until the dressing is well blended.
3️⃣ Transfer the bell peppers, carrots and onion the a mixing bowl. Pour the dressing and toss to combine.
Add in mint leaves now if you want to serve the salad right away. Or you can refrigerate and add mint leaves once ready to serve.
More easy and healthy salad recipes you may want to try:
⭐️ I’d love to hear what you think about the dish, so please feel free to leave a comment and a rating if you have tried it. New recipes are added every week so let’s connect on Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates. You can find my collection of Vietnamese recipes here.
Bell Pepper Salad
For the Salad
- 10.5 oz thinly sliced bell pepper strips, from multi-colored peppers (See Notes for suggestion)
- half a small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced (about ¼ cup/40g)
- half a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced (about ¼ cup/30-40g)
- mint leaves
- Remove the tops and discard the seeds from the bell peppers. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut into strips.
- Thinly slice the carrot and red onion. Soak the onion slices in iced cold water for several minutes to remove the bitterness if you don't like too much raw onion taste.
- Transfer bell pepper, carrot and onion to a mixing bowl. Whisk together all the ingredients to make the dressing and adjust taste to your liking. Then pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Add in mint leaves now if you want to serve the salad right away. Or refrigerate the salad and add mint leaves once ready to serve.
- I like to use a mix of 3.5oz (100g) green bell pepper, 3oz (85g) red bell pepper and 4oz (115g) yellow bell pepper to make the salad. Please feel free to tweak the ratio to your liking.
- It is fine to use entirely just lemon juice or just white wine vinegar for the dressing.
- If you don’t have mint on hand, you can use some parsley instead.